Brymbo angling club
Club Match Rules
1. Participants to be at the pool side at draw time unless prearranged with the match official.
2. The Minimum to constitute a match will be at the discretion of the match official.
3. Competitors are allowed 1 rod/pole (with the exception being 2 in a Carp match).
4. Plumbing the water depth or an un-baited test cast is allowed prior to “all in“ being called.
5. Keepnets are allowed in swims prior to “all in“ being called but must be dry on arrival and be left behind your peg spread out for at least 20mins before entering the water.
6. 15 minutes is allowed to land a fish that was hooked before “all out” was called.
7. Competitors fishing area is deemed by an imaginary line between them and the next occupied peg. (This rule includes playing or landing of fish) (Beware! we must take into consideration our pleasure anglers so if you claim an area that could have been occupied by a competitor at the draw then this will not be classed as interference as mentioned in the general rules).
8. Each weigh-in is undertaken by the match official and one other member.
9. Accidentally foul hooked fish may be weighed.
10. Any member found trying to intentionally foul hook fish will be disqualified and asked to leave and the matter will be referred to the committee.
11. The club rules will apply were there is no contradiction, if so the match rules take precedence.
12. The use of floating baits ,blood-worm or Joker baits are not allowed.
13. The match will start when the match official calls “all in” and end at the call of “all out”.
14. Any decision by the match official will be final.
15. The draw will consist of a competitor drawing a number in the order they are booked into the draw
then he/she will choose a peg in the numbered order drawn from the bag (lowest number first).
16. If a competitor chooses a peg which has disabled priority then this will be at the competitors risk and will only be allowed after all disabled members intending to fish the disabled priority pegs have drawn.
17. Disabled competitors will have first choice of disabled priority pegs,when more than one disabled competitor intends to fish then they will be included in the draw and will choose which disabled priority peg they fish by numbered order (lowest number first).
19. In matches were competitors are awarded points and a tie exists the points will be awarded as a average of the two points places contested ,in the event of a tie when points totals have been combined it will be decided total weight accumulation for the league.
18. The match duration will be as previously stated unless the
majority of competitors agree to shorten the duration before the “all in” is called.
20. No fish 5 pounds or over to be kept in a keepnet
21. The use of a keepnet is allowed even when banned by the clubs general rules
22. The match secretary can nominate any willing member to act as a match official.
23. To be entitled to claim prizes at any match you must have fished at least 2 league matches in the same season any prizes not claimed after all entitled anglers have chosen will then become available.
24. Any Winter league Matches that are cancelled due to the weather will not be re-arranged as long as a minimum of 4 have been fished.
Please ensure that you understand all of the above fully before fishing